Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Good Week 1

NFL week 1 was awesome as usual. The Raiders and the Niners lost which was not good news for the bay area fans. I thought both of them improved in the second half of their respective games. Their first halves were really as bad as the worst-case prediction for both teams. Gannon improved in the second half and had a couple of nice bombs to Doug Gabriel and Elvis Whitted. That should have warmed the heart of coach Norv Turned. Tyronne Wheatley couldn't do much against the Blitzburgh D. As for the Niners, Ken Dorsey replaced Tim Rattay and seemed to energize the offense. Rattay was good when he got back in later. I think Ken Dorsey is the QB of the future. It would be interesting to see him start in week 2 against N'aaleans.

The Sunday night game on ESPN was a great one between the Denver Broncos and the Chiefs. I am a Broncos fan these days because of my boy Jake Plummer ! He was at ASU when I went to ASU. He was his usual self on Sunday. Throwing a crazy, left-handed interception in the midst of some good passes and great scrambles. Jake giveth, Jake taketh away ! This game also featured my new favorite RB, Quentin Griffin. This guy is awesome ! He seems to have the best moves AB (after Barry Sanders). My other favorite RB priest Holmes was stellar as usual, but not enough. Overall the top RBs had top-notch performances. Priest Holmes, LT, Ahman Green, Shawn Alex, Clinton Portis, Curtis Martin, Marshall Faulk, Dominack Davis and Q all did very well. The only failures were Jamal Lewis and Deuce McAllister.

Fantasy Notes
---------------
Deuce better fix things quickly. He is my RB in the Homies league. I lost the game here, but won handsomely in the other 2 leagues. Also Charles Rogers got injured in this league. I hope to get Ricky Proehl or Brandon Stockley to replace him. In one of my other leagues, I lost Steve Smith to injury and I was already thin at WR in :-( In the third Yahoo league I gave up on my sleeper pick Justin Gage and am jumping on the Doug Gabriel bandwagon. Lets see how it shakes out. I spent way too much time this weekend on FFL. It was fun, but not sure if it's going to get me results.

Baseball Note
---------------
I play a fantasy baseball league on Yahoo as well. This is a public league and I am doing real bad. SO I have almost given up for this season. Today there was a serious fight at the A's-Rangers game at Oakland. A player ended up throwing a chair into the crowd. That hit a poor lady who should be suing his behind anytime now. Weird ...

No comments: