Thursday, March 19, 2009

Game on!

This is one of the best times of the year if you are a sports fan. I am big on the NCAA tournament, but then again who isn't? I have not been following the college action the last couple of weeks this year, but I still had to fill in 2 brackets. I seriously considered just copying President Obama's bracket. But I did my own with very little knowledge. And as you might expect, I am doing much better with my brackets than usual. I got 15/16 correct including the day's biggest upset - Western Kentucky over Illinois. Not many upsets today, but we got the usual 12 over 5. The only game I missed was Michigan's upset of Clemson. Tomorrow is another day in the tournament. I am excited for ASU, who have qualified after many years thanks to the greatness of James Harden. Mr.Smooth will be asked to do his thing tomorrow.

In the NBA, another day, another triple-double for King James. The ridiculousness, also called LeBron James, dominated the game, especially late, on both ends of the floor to protect home-court. This team is over-achieving big time and they now have a game lead over the Lakers for home court throughout the playoffs. Amazing place to be for the once lowly Cleveland Cavaliers. LeBron-V-Kobe might actually end up being the NBA finals and the suits in New York will love it. Of course it would be fun for us fans too. As if we didn't have enough basketball games today, TNT featured both LeBron and Kobe in their NBA double-header. Lets see how tomorrow goes. Both for me and my bracket.

No comments: