Monday, October 13, 2008

Dallas in trouble

The Cowboys lost a fascinating game yesterday to the Arizona Cardinals. I like it every-time the Cards win and every-time the Boys lose, but this one was especially sweet. Both Warner and Larry Fitzgerald were awesome and the Cards lost the toss in OT, but still won the game. In fact they won the game on a blocked punt. It was not even a blocked punt. They got the hands on the ball even before the ball hit the punters feet. It turns out the Cards also broke Tony Romo's pinky. Now Dallas is in a serious grip.

I don't know why Dallas seems to think they have to win every game, but seems like thats what they expect this season. Much like their idiot receiver TO who thinks every pass in every game should go his way. Now both TO and his fans have to re-calibrate their expectations with Romo out for 4 weeks or so. Romo is also getting some criticism for potentially losing too much time for a pinky injury. Lets see when he actually comes back. Brad Johnson will take over and I like him, but I am not sure how much he has left in the tank. I feel like I am also a star like Romo since I broke my thumb playing basketball and I have a grotesque cast on my hand much like Romo's. Now all I need is a Jessica Simpson to take care of me. And a few million dollars of course.

Dallas still has 4 wins and they should be fine. They are part of one of 2 divisions with 3 teams with 4 wins each. The other division surprisingly is the NFC south with Atlanta, Tampa Bay and Carolina. Matty Ice is a stud. I can't believe this guy is a rookie. I don't remember seeing too many rookie QB that are this poised and under control. He obviously has the physical talents, but it's amazing to see how good his "mental game" is in just his 6-Th game -check that, actually since game 1. Matt Cassel on the other hand sucks and seems to be going the other direction with every game.

Cassel and bunch of other QBs are DESTROYING my fantasy season. I am in multiple leagues and between Matt Cassel, Matt Hasselbeck, Jack Delhomme and Derek Anderson, I am dead. I have never been this off with all of my QB picks. Derek Anderson finally had a good game tonight as the Browns beat the Champs in MNF. Eli had a bad interception at a crucial time that finished the game off for the G-men. His brother Peyton finally seems to have got back in the groove as he and Marvelous Marvin shredded the vaunted Baltimore D. It looked like 2002 all over again. Manning-to-Marvin was cooking and the DOW was in the 8000's!

In the baseball playoffs, Tampa Bay evened it up against the reliable Jon Lester. Dodgers on the other hand let a great opportunity slip though their hands. Now they are down 3-1 and in trouble. I wish both series were tied 2-2.

No comments: