Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Favre is done. Or is he really?

No sooner had Brett Favre announced his retirement than people started talking about his comeback! Number 4 announced his retirement on Mar 4-Th and shocked the Packer nation. The very next day, people are saying he may have second thoughts by the time August rolls around. I guess thats because usually Favre is waffling until late into spring/summer and he always decides to play. Now he made a decision early like he said he would and people think he might have second thoughts later. That would be weird if his retirement is shorter than Roidger Clemens a few years back. Leagues should enforce a rule that if you retire, you got to at least stay retired for one full season.

The other curious factor was Favre retiring the day after Moss re-signed with the Patriots. I believe those 2 events were related. Favre wanted Moss and probably thought he can put them over the top since they were so good last season. Once Moss was gone, I think Favre made up his mind to retire. He did say that winning a Super Bowl would have been the only reason for him to come back. In his mind, Moss was that guy. Now it's A-Rod's team. I wonder if Aaron Rodgers will be as good as Alex Rodriguez is in baseball. I always liked this guy and it's his time to shine now. He also inherits a great team and is lucky Favre retired now and not when the team was real bad.

I was lucky I made the trip to Green Bay last year. I have been postponing my trip for years and I should thank my cousin in Milwaukee for hooking me up with the tickets. If I had postponed one more year, I would have missed Brett Favre at Lambeau. He really owned that place. Warren Sapp also retired yesterday and unfortunately for him, nobody cares. He picked the wrong day. He will probably make the Hall Of Fame in 5 years if anybody remembers he actually retired yesterday! Speaking of the HOF, apparently Packer fans are already planning for the Canton trip in 5 years. Thats a committed fan base.

1 comment:

Welcome Message!! said...

Anna, nice Blog about Favre!! You bet, people in WI has already started planning for OH:-) That's WI fans for you:-)