Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Draft number 2

I had my second fantasy draft yesterday. This is the league that I want to win desperately because I have some sort of a curse going in this one. I have done well, I have made it to the Super Bowl a couple of times, but I can never win the championship. I have won the other league twice and it's actually a tougher league in some ways and I have been playing in it for lesser number of years than this one. So I spent some time getting ready for this draft and still ended up with just a decent team, not a great one. Part of the reason is that this is a keeper league where we keep 2 players from last year. My keepers are Peyton Manning and Reggie Bush. Not bad, but I don't have that stellar RB. I have to retain Manning because only an idiot will drop him and last year, I went for broke with Tiki Barber who everybody knew would retire after the season. So I went in to this draft with an handicap in some sense. Also I went to the Super Bowl last year, which meant my pick was pretty low - 10 out of 12.

Given that most teams retained 2 RBs and I picked 10-Th, I was in trouble with the RBs. I think I recovered half way decent, but it might be a challenge. Thank God we voted the keeper out for next season. Anyways, here's my team in the order these fools were drafted, starting with my 2 keepers.

Peyton Manning
Reggie Bush
Clinton Portis
Cadillac Williams
Reggie Brown
Joey Galloway
Chris Cooley
Julius Jones
Deshaun Foster
Brandon Marshall
Robbie Gould
Jake Delhomme
Vikings D
Keary Colbert
Zach Miller

Can't wait for the Colts-Saints game Thursday night. Should be a great game given that the Colts are a little vulnerable after losing a bunch of starters. Should be a great game.

No comments: