Thursday, August 30, 2007

Football is here.

America's real past-time is here. I didn't mean football, I meant fantasy football! I can't wait for my drafts. I play in two leagues and both drafts are coming up soon. I have done very little research and I hope to get in some serious work before the drafts. I got the first pick in one of the leagues. LT time! Who knows what happens this season, but has there ever been a more obvious first pick than LT is this year? I mean the closest might have been LT in 2006. This guy is awesome. I love him as a player and a person and I am looking forward to having him on my fantasy roster.

It's good to see football again. The College season kicked off today with LSU mauling MSU 45-0. Tennessee is at Berkeley this weekend for a big week-1 showdown. I hope Cal upholds Pac-10's honor by taking care of the Vols and Ainge. The start of the college football season will be a bigger deal if there are any worthwhile match-ups early. In fact there are a few good ones this season with a rare early season Pac-10 showdown between UCLA and Jim Harbaugh's Stanford. But usually it's just cup-cake after cup-cake for the big programs the first 2 or 3 weeks and the college season ramps up much slower than the NFL. In any case, aren't we all glad football is here.

No comments: